Safely navigating your home, getting dressed, preparing and eating a meal, keeping your balance, even getting up from a chair are things most people take for granted. When illness, injury or the effects of aging diminish your abilities, these routine tasks become challenging. To help you achieve functional independence, experienced VNH therapists provide excellent care in your home with a variety of therapy services, including:
Physical Therapists assess each patient and develop an individualized plan of care. They are movement experts who optimize quality of life through teaching and treatment techniques that benefit long term health.
Treatments may include:
- Therapeutic exercises to improve strength, joint range of motion, balance, endurance and general reconditioning
- Individualized home exercise programs
- Bed mobility and transfer training
- Necessary assistive devices or medical equipment
- Massage to decrease pain, manage scar tissue, muscle spasm and/or edema, and improve flexibility
- Patient education, teaching and support
- Home safety and fall prevention evaluation
- Applications such as ultrasound, heat packs and ice packs as appropriate
Providing rehab at home, I’ve learned to be innovative. We use things already in the home to aid treatment. It’s rewarding for them and for me. I have a passion for helping people.
Occupational Therapists assess home safety and accessibility, recommending adaptive equipment and home modifications to maximize independence. They also teach patients how to accomplish the basic activities of daily living.
Services may include:
- Instruction and training on dressing, bathing, and other activities
- Strengthening of upper body and trunk
- Assessment and evaluation of fine motor activity and treatment to improve function.
When I come into your home, I look at you as a whole person. I talk with you to understand your limitations and assess your goals. I love seeing people work hard to realize their potential, and I love being a part of that.
Speech Language Pathologists provide comprehensive assessment and care for a variety of speech, cognition, and swallowing difficulties.